Christmas decorating, stories, crafts,|
graphics, cards, quotations, songs, traditions,
printables, recipes, games, shopping and
more from AltogetherChristmas.com!
Christmas Crafts >
Turn everyday noodles into a beautiful and unique Christmas decoration.
- Plastic or styrofoam craft cone, 12 inches tall
- Thick white craft glue
- Craft paint brushes
- Assorted dried pastas (bow tie, rotini, shell, ziti and macaroni were used for this pasta tree)
- Metallic gold craft paint
- Clear coat acrylic spray paint
- Red craft ribbon for bow
- Using paint brush, paint the entire tree with a thick coat of craft glue. Let dry.
- Give the cone a new coat of craft glue then, beginning at top, glue pasta in circular patterns around the tree. Let dry.
- Paint cone with metallic gold craft paint. Let dry.
- Spray the tree with light coat of clear acrylic spray paint. Let dry.
- Create a simple bow from craft ribbon and glue to top.
- Trees can be painted in any colors once pasta has been glued on and is dry. Try painting the tree green and affixing colorful beads or sequins as ornaments.
- You can display completed trees on round decorative pot holders, or cut a circle of sticky felt to attach to the bottom to protect display surfaces.
Submitted by Sharon Whipp